Digital Marketing Strategies For Tech Bloggers And Influencers In 2022
As a field of expertise, digital or online platforms are revolutionary. In other words, they keep evolving and changing at a rapid pace every year. For tech bloggers and influencers, this presents multiple opportunities, as well as innumerable challenges. Leveraging digital marketing strategies can help in improving sales, building visibility, and generating revenues.
Most experts predict that the stagnation offered by the Coronavirus Pandemic in 2020 and 2021 will give way to rapid growth in 2022. With new social media platforms, digital currencies, and content forms developing as we speak, tech bloggers and influencers need to be up to speed with the best and latest that is happening in the world of online marketing.
In this article, we are going to explore the best digital marketing strategies for both new as well as experienced tech bloggers and influencers. Specifically, we are going to look at the evolution of content, the changes in the awareness of target audiences and the way major tech brands are going to focus on marketing and sales.
The Promise of 2022 for Tech Bloggers and Influencers
Tech bloggers and influencers need to understand the background conditions that will help influence digital performance in 2022. Let us look at some of the major ones below-
- Consumer is far more conscious than they have ever been. Extra engagements with both search and social during lockdowns have made them more aware of differentiating between credible insights and outlandish promotional strategies.
- Brands too are looking towards promoting far more realistic engagements. This means that long-term blogger and influencer partnerships will prosper in 2022. Real and authentic content in all forms (text, videos, images, reviews, etc.) will lead the way.
- Tech bloggers should look to leverage social media and tech influencers on social media should start blogging aggressively. This is because brands are going to look at both promotions, sales, as well as SEO metrics, and the SERP rankings.
- New technologies are going to lead the way. Whether they be advancements in chipsets or green technologies, everything is going to become cleaner, leaner, faster, and more performance-oriented in 2022. This means diversifying into new and related fields.
- Cost-effectiveness and the ‘value for money’ proposition will be more important than they ever were. With the pandemic causing economic losses, brands, as well as consumers (Gen Z), are more price-sensitive than they ever were.
According to Igloo agency, tech bloggers and influencers need to look at these background conditions to formulate and execute cutting-edge digital marketing strategies in 2022.
List of 5 Digital Marketing Strategies for Tech Bloggers and Influencers in 2022
- Short Content is going to rule in 2022-
With TikTok showing the way of curated short videos, it did not take long for others like Instagram and YouTube to jump on the bandwagon. Make sure that you are creating interesting and exciting short videos on TikTok, Reels, and YouTube Shorts. Try to send consumers from the short videos to more detailed videos on your social platforms and website. Think of these short videos in the way of exciting movie trailers which arouse curiosity and set the stage.
- Storytelling on search and social will define 2022-
The one thing tech consumers are tired of is influencers and bloggers pointing out all the benefits of a tech product. This is like some weird kind of brand advocacy that does not let them get the real picture all the time. Instead, tech bloggers and influencers should look to focus on the storytelling aspect.
They should look at offering value, using real-life scenarios, and demonstrating how products are helping with utility and effectiveness in consumer’s life.
- Help your audience with lesser ad bombardments-
The barrage of paid advertisements on social platforms and websites has forced millions to deactivate their accounts. As a responsible tech blogger and influencer, your first loyalty lies with your fans and followers. Make sure you are cleaning up your blog and ridding it of all the unnecessary and irritating ad placements. With consumers being more aware, they can exactly figure out which content is promotional and which is credible and informative online.
- Build trust, security, and transparency in your online performance-
Data and cybersecurity are some of the most common watchwords of the last two years. In 2021, they are going to grow in prominence and problem. Make sure you are conveying to your audiences how their data is being stored or processed. Transparency will build trust and endear your audiences to your website and social handles. Create content that serves a purpose and has a reason. Remember, people are going to use their hard-earned money based on your advice.
- Content segmentation is critical to online growth on search and social-
While content segmentation as a strategy has been around for quite some time, it is only recently that bloggers and influencers are taking note. Bloggers and influencers need to define their content types, forms, and strategies on different social platforms. What works on one, might not generate the same result on some other platform. This is a lot of work, but at the end of the day, this will help you with definite results in terms of reach and performance.
The Bottom Line
There is a reason why some of the tech bloggers and influencers that were earlier dominant on search and social have fallen by the wayside. If you are into this vocation full-time, you need to keep pace with the changing needs of the time. In this article, we have shared some of the best digital marketing strategies for tech bloggers and influencers. If you have any doubts or would like us to help you out in any way, please reach out to us in the comments below.